Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Yay for Grandma!


Ellie waiting for Grandma

Over General Conference weekend, we were able to stay at Jimmy and Rylee's house again so we could watch my mom finish her umpteenth marathon. I seriously don't remember how many she has done but, I think it's somewhere around fifteen? We did lots of shopping and eating. Saturday afternoon, we waited along the race route for my mom to run past. My cousin Jillayne was also running her first marathon this year in St. George so we cheered her on as well. Ellie was so excited to run with Grandma that she was "practicing" by running in front of us back and forth. I was afraid she was going to run into another runner and they would both be bloody on the ground. From past experience, I know at that point in the race your control over your legs is non-existent. When she finally saw Grandma, she was thrilled and wanted to jump into her arms. She ran with Grandma for a few blocks and then we packed up in the car to meet her at the finish line. Yay for Grandma and Jillayne!

No comments:

Post a Comment