Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Salt Lake County Fair

Last year we thought going to the fair each year would be a fun tradition to start. We didn't want to ruin it after only one year, so we returned to the fair again this year. Ellie's favorite part was petting the animals and going through the "Little Hands on the Farm" area. Most of our pictures are from that exhibit. She got to plant vegetables, gather eggs, harvest her plants, milk a cow, brush a sheep, drive a tractor, and many other fun things. It was really fun for her and she couldn't wait to run to the next thing. At the very end, the kids got to spend their money they earned in a little store. Ellie bought a milk and then after tasting it she threw it away. It was vanilla milk and she said "I don't like it." I think my favorite thing we saw was the photography entries. There were some pretty cool ones. I was a sucker and bought something in one of the booths. It actually works really well though, so I don't regret it. It's a cleaner called "Quick and Brite" and it took stains out of my carpet pretty well. I've used it on other things and the only thing it won't get rid of (and it says so on the instructions) is red food stains. All in all, we had a great time at the fair. The only downside was that Ellie "lost her dinner" in bed that night. She was then sick on and off for a few days following. I hate having a sick kid and I'm really glad it was all over before we took her to see her new cousin in Kansas City.


No comments:

Post a Comment