Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ellie said what?


My parents gave Ellie some new Princess and the Frog underwear for her birthday. They are a girls' size 4 so they are a little big. I washed them so they might shrink a little bit. When they were clean, Ellie tried them on and said, "Look I can wear these now cause my butt's big!"

A sister in the ward came over to bring us a gift and see the new baby. We were talking about how plump Cooper is and she said he was chunky or something. Ellie piped up and yelled, "He's not chunky, he's Cooper Thomas!"

My cousin was changing her little boy's diaper and Ellie was watching curiously. She then said, "He has the same butt as Logan!" I think those were the only two "boy bums" Ellie had seen until Cooper.

Every night when we tuck Ellie in, we tell her goodnight and that we love her. Usually we start the saying "Goodnight, sleep tight." Ellie finishes by saying "Don't let the bugs getcha."

She constantly goes around acting like she's in an episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and when she needs something or runs into a problem she calls out, "OH TOODLES!" Then she points somewhere in the room and says, "Here he comes!"

On Sunday, my mom and dad had their little swimming pool out for her to play in when we had finished dinner. It is a constant battle to get that girl to eat, so Grandpa went to get his suit on and go play outside hoping to motivate her to finish. After Grandpa had his suit on and Ellie had finally finished and had her suit on, she turned to Grandma and told her to get her swimsuit on. My mom told her she didn't have one that fit right now and that she wouldn't be joining her in the pool this time. Ellie said, "Come on Grandma. You have to go get naked and do it." I'm 100% sure she meant go get naked and get her swimsuit on, but it just sounded really wrong.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! That's funny! I love it when kids are starting to talk and figuring out whats going on around them. I'm really excited for that stage... it still seems so far off for us. Ellie is growing up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quotes! I love these. Looks like Ellie has inherited your talent for memorable one-liners.

    We can't wait til Savannah starts saying funny things like this.

    ReplyDelete