Monday, June 20, 2011

My Chunky Monkey

One Month Old!

Cooper was officially one month old Saturday! I can't believe it has already been that long. It seems like yesterday that we were in the hospital and yet it feels like we can't remember life without him. Here are some things about Cooper at one month:

Height: 23 inches
Weight: 12.2 pounds
Clothes size: He still barely fits in 0-3 months
Eating: He eats every 3-3 1/2 hours during the day sometimes 4-5 hours during the night
Sleeping: He's really only awake for about 6 hours a day maybe? but it's getting to be more.
Nicknames: Buddy, Brother, Coopy, Coop-the-poop, Son
What he is up to:
Cooper LOVES to eat (as you can tell).
He has horrible baby acne and very sensitive skin. He likes his baths but only if I turn on the faucet so he can hear the running water. If not, he screams during the whole thing.

Right after Cooper's First Bath at home
We go through a LOT of diapers! He likes to make us think he's finished and then let another few fly. It is pretty rare that we change a diaper that is just "wet".
He hates his car seat and cries quite often in the car even while we are driving.
Cooper loves his swing and he really likes to hear noises around him. One morning, Ellie had slept over at my parents' house and Cooper couldn't go to sleep because there wasn't any background noise. I had to turn on the TV so he could drift off.
He loves his binky, but still spits it out a lot.
His big sister makes him happy. She was sitting on his blanket talking to him one day and when she got up to go to her room, he started to cry.
He likes to be swaddled and he likes to be really warm.
Right now he sleeps in our bed because he hates the Pack 'n' Play bassinet. He likes to have my pillow or arm against the top of his head. When he's hungry he'll grunt and scoot right up next to me in his "baby burrito wrap". There have been a few nights I thought I was going to end up on the floor.
He is really a laid back kid. He doesn't cry nearly as much as Ellie did.
He loves being on his tummy and he can lift his head pretty well already. He lifts his bum and pushes with his legs.

Cooper's Birthday
Upon leaving the hospital Friday, Cooper had lost some weight and was down to 7 pounds 13 ounces. The doctor had us go in when he was 5 days old (Monday) to do a weight check. He was 8 pounds 1 ounce. Then at his two week visit, he was 9 pounds 6 ounces. The doctor made us re-weigh him on a different scale because he didn't think he would've gained so much. Normal weight gain is about an ounce per day and he gained 21 ounces in nine days. It was the same and the doctor told me I was just producing cream.
We love our little buddy and are so glad he came to our family.


4 comments:

  1. He's so big! I can't believe how big he's gotten over the last month! I definitely need to get out to your house so I can meet him...pretty soon he won't be small anymore. It sucks how fast they grow up! Sometimes I hold Emmy and try to remember when she was itty bitty (which, quite honestly...she really never was :) )

    He's a handsome boy! Happy one month Cooper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe he's already a month old! I'm pretty sure you just had him last week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha your a cream producer too :) That is amazing how much he gained. Funny that the Dr didn't believe the scale. I am glad that he is so laid back, that is always a great quality to have, especially in a second child.

    ReplyDelete