Monday, October 20, 2008

Weston's business trip and the stowaways

Ellie and I couldn't stand the thought of having the house all to ourselves last weekend so we hopped the plane with Daddy and headed off to Portland, Oregon. Beehive sent Weston to Corvallis, Oregon (we had to drive two hours from Portland) from the 12th-15th to work with Summit on computer backups. Ellie and I pretty much hung out in the hotel, but it was a nice break from reality. We didn't get any pictures (kicking myself), but Sunday Ellie took her first swimming lessons. She seemed pretty solemn the whole time and the pool was rather chilly for it being heated. We swam another time too and she looked like she had a little more fun.
Monday I strapped Ellie in the Baby Bjorn and we walked the Oregon State University Campus for an hour and a half. My knees were really sore the next day. Weston got done a little early that day so we took a drive to Newport on the coast. We found the Historic Yaquina Bayfront and took a bunch of pictures. We also HAD to get salt water taffy while we were there. Right before we left we fed Ellie while sitting on a bench along the boardwalk watching the boats at the docks. It was pretty neat even if we were only there about two hours.
Ellie was super on both flights and I was definitely amazed. One of the flight attendants on the way to Portland gave Ellie a certificate for her first flight. She also gave her a little treat bag with some luggage tags, a deck of cards, and snacks for Ellie to share.
My favorite part of the trip was that I finally got to read for pleasure! When I'm at home there is always something that needs to be cleaned, papers to be corrected, or something else I have to do. In a hotel, there's only so much you can do so I finally got to finish reading Harry Potter #6. I know, I know. I'm really behind, but now I'm closer. I'll probably have to read #7 during Christmas Break. Who knows.
Ellie finally found out how to get her foot in her mouth

On the beach in Newport

On the bayfront



Seriously?



1 comment:

  1. Fabulous picures and I'm a little jealous - of reading time, of the coast. Shawn and I went their on our honeymoon and I'm ready to go back! Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete