Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Best Burger in Town

Last friday, I regained my faith in hamburgers. I went to the new Five Guys Burgers and Fries in the Fort Union area (currently the only one in Utah) and had the best burger ever. Yes I did say ever. For those of you who don't know their concept, they do everything fresh. They use the bags of potatoes for their french fries to form the crowd control for ordering food. Their hamburger is never frozen and their regular size hamburger is a double quarter pounder. They do have "little hamburgers" that are just a quarter pounder. The best part is I can get a burger with whatever toppings that I want and it doesn't change the price and there are a lot to choose from. And their french fries are awesome. Word of warning, don't think that you can eat both the regular hamburger and the regular size fries by yourself. They fill up a twelve ounce cup with fries and put it in your bag, then they put in your burger and top of the bag with twice as many fries that are in that twelve ounce bag. You could probably share the fries between three people and still be satisfied. The one thing that Five Guys needs is fry sauce. They do have mayo and ketchup out, whether its to make your own fry sauce or not, it works. I was looking forward to going to St. George in October so I could eat at the Inn-N-Out burger. Let's just say I found something that I like even better.

3 comments:

  1. Five guys started out here on the East Coast and it's by far my favorite burger place as well. Beats In N' Out hands down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't want to come out and quite say it, but I agree. I think the major concepts are the same for both places, but I think Five Guys does it much better. There are already two more locations scheduled to be built in Utah. I think that In-N-Out has missed the boat big time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just ate there tonight! The burger was fantastic! I should have read this earlier because we had enough fries to feed 3 families lol. It was great though. We went there because people had compared it to In-N-Out and I definitely wasn't disappointed! The only thing better about In-N-Out is the price. It cost almost $20 for both of us to eat!! (Of course it wouldn't have been that much if we had known to order less =)

    ReplyDelete