Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Needle-Phobia

We are feeling so much better than the last time we blogged. I finished my last Parent Teacher Conferences for the year on February 21st and 22nd. As a result, I'm a lot less stressed. I also found out that I don't need to panic about the nine pounds I gained in five weeks in January. At my last appointment, I had lost two. That sort of evens it all out. This last Saturday I had to face my fears and let the lab take my blood again. It seemed like the first time they just kept taking more and more of my blood. The nurse kept popping tubes off of the needle and inserting new ones. I think she filled seven containers in all. I didn't pass out, but I came pretty darn close. If any of you really know me you'll know this is a regular occurrence when there is a needle in my arm. This time it was SO much better. I had to drink the yucky glucose drink an hour before my blood was drawn. The nurse only took two containers full this time and I couldn't even tell. I'm just glad I didn't have to do the three hour glucose test.

Weston has been watching lots of episodes of The Dog Whisperer. He's learning all of the tricks to get Windu to be submissive and obedient. Last night, Windu slept in his crate in our bedroom with the door to the crate open all night. I expected to wake up to a wet nose in my face, but he didn't come out until Weston let him out to use the grass. Yay Windu!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad your glucose test is over! I hated that. It makes me happy that you have a chance to relax now too. Tell Weston good job with the dog... we are still trying to re-train the dogs after they lived with Grandma for so long... Maybe we should watch the show too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... Still waiting to see some cute pics of your belly...

    ReplyDelete