Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day (cough, cough)


We hope everyone had a Happy Valentine's Day this last week. We are glad to have this three day weekend to recuperate from our week. I got a cold on the 6th and still had it Tuesday when I got a sinus infection. I've never had one before so when my cheeks started to swell, my teeth were hurting, and I couldn't take the pressure anymore I turned to Google. My symptoms told me I had a sinus infection and I didn't know what to do. I went to bed early and my mother-in-law called around ten. She called me in a prescription for a 3-day Zpack, but I couldn't pick it up until the next day. I only got one hour of sleep that night at the most. I went to school on Wednesday and only lasted half of the day before I called a sub and picked up my prescription. I took the first pill at 2:00 in the afternoon and fell asleep until about 7:30. I felt much better.

Valentine's Day was just a regular day for us. I was still sick and Weston started getting a cold a few days before. I tried to tell him that kissing while I was sick is not a good idea. So, we spent our Valentine's Day coughing, sneezing, blowing our noses, clearing our throats, and other not so romantic symptoms of the common cold. Weston got a sinus infection on Saturday. His mom called him in some antibiotics too. It's really nice having a midwife for a mother-in-law. This weekend we've been taking it easy and trying to feel better. I'm done with my sinus infection and almost done with my cold. Weston is not so lucky yet.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you guys didn't have much for Valentine's day. I hope you get feeling better!

    The worst cold I ever had in my life went away in a flash when my roommate bought alkaseltzer cold medicine. Yep- let it fiz in that water, and drink your symptoms away baby. Literally, it's worth a try! Especially at the first signs of a cold. I refuse to try anything else ever again, it has never failed me. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I'm going to add you to my blog. Alright? Hehe! So glad that you're feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry you have been feeling so crappy. I hope that you guys get well soon!
    I am still waiting for some belly pics =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment! It made me laugh! Actually, we were married in September. But no biggie! :-) Yeah. I didn't think I wanted kids for a couple years, but I'm actually really wishing I could have kids. It just doesn't seem very possible right now with all of Jason's schooling. He has it really rough right now. I never see him as it is, so I am super lonely. Life just seems so meaningless to me right now, it's really sad. But, I think things will get better. Question, is the company Weston works for a Clyde company?

    ReplyDelete