Tuesday, May 10, 2011

False Alarms Are No Fun

I have been so stinkin' anxious to get this little man out of my tummy since he was considered to be "fully developed". So of course I've been trying all sorts of things that are supposed to help my body contract (I won't go into any details). Twice, when I've gone walking I've had super painful contractions and then yesterday at school had a few while just sitting.
Last night at 3 a.m. (not too far off the time I actually went into labor with Ellie) I had an extremely painful one (thinking in my head "This is it") followed by about four more sporadic harsh ones throughout the rest of the night. This morning I was so sore it took me forever to get out of bed and shuffle my feet to the bathroom. It was disappointing to see the clock said 6:45 and I was still not "in labor". It could still be another week or more and that's the frustrating part.
With Ellie, I didn't really even feel Braxton-Hicks contractions and my midwife told me at one of my visits that I was contracting while she checked me. I didn't have any pain except when it was the real thing. I think what's the most frustrating part is that I somewhat remember what real labor felt like and these contractions feel like what I remember. But they are not regular and just keep getting me excited for nothing. I don't mean to complain, I just wanted to share an update. It should/could be any day now, but I feel dumb thinking every painful contraction could be it. Until then, I'll continue TRYING to be patient.

1 comment:

  1. Awe :). He'll be here before you know it, then you'll be getting peed on every time you change a diaper hehe :). I wish you luck in the delivery. Hope he comes soon for you!

    ReplyDelete