Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Due Date & Nothin'

My due date is here, but the little man is not. I'm not sure what makes him so stubborn. I don't know many people that have their first baby early (even by one day) and their second comes late! Since last post, I've had two or three more "false alarms" One time I was having contractions for an hour and a half in equally spaced intervals. Another time, I thought my water broke. We've had quite the journey in the last week.

Yesterday, I went to see my midwife for my 40 week visit. She has my due date as the 16th on her charts, but I've always figured the 17th. It doesn't make much difference I guess. Anyway, She told me I'm still dilated to a 3+ and I didn't catch what percent effacement I'm at. Last monday I was 75%. I told her how frustrated I was with all the false alarms and how many things I've tried to help him come out. She sympathized and when she did my check, she lightly swept my membranes. I went walking with my mom and Ellie and had real contractions for two hours. Just as the other times, they stopped.

The light at the end of this tunnel is that I have an induction scheduled for tomorrow. I'm fourth on the list at Riverton Hospital so it might be awhile, but at least I know he has an appearance date. We seriously can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. You're going to Riverton hospital??? How funny! Me too! Are you by chance seeing Dr. Bowman? You'll have to let me know how you like the hospital- I'm not sure what I think about it yet! :-) Good luck getting induced, unless you go sooner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! The waiting. I had a friend who was two weeks late with both her babies. On her second, she looked so miserable that one of her friends gave her a concoction that was to start labor. It did, and it came fast. She barely got to the hospital in time! I'm glad you have an induction date! WooYoo for little babies! Good luck on getting in.

    ReplyDelete