Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Pregnancy Update

I know it's been forever and I haven't even posted a belly pic yet. Sorry. Life is a lot crazier with one kid to take care of outside of you as well as one on the inside. Thankfully the one on the inside doesn't need much from me right now.

Things have been going rather smoothly. I am much more tired and sore than I ever was with Ellie. But then, I would nap practically every day when I was pregnant with Ellie. I'm not sure what naps are anymore. I also never had sciatica problems with Ellie and this little dude keeps putting my right leg to sleep. My glucose test turned out ok, but my midwife told me to watch what I eat and how I prepare it because my numbers were a little higher than she expected. I've gained 25 pounds so far and have less than seven weeks to go. I think I gained exactly 30 with Ellie and had started at exactly the same weight. He is a wiggly one. It seems like Ellie stayed put with her head down and kicked and hit me from that position the entire time. Our little boy, on the other hand, likes to move his body in every way possible. He's twisting and turning more than I knew was possible. I can actually see my stomach rolling and Ellie has had a lot of fun "playing" with him.
These aren't the most flattering pictures (please ignore my hair, face, and weird expressions) but here they are:
September 19th, Almost 6 weeks (more for a comparison shot, I guess)

October 17th, Almost 10 weeks (Sure feeling fat, but no one else knew yet)

February 27th, Almost 29 weeks (Quite a gap between belly shots)

Today, 33 weeks 1 day (feeling like I can't possibly get any bigger)

P.s. I don't always wear the kiwi colored undershirt it just so happened that the first three shots were coincidentally taken with that shirt on and when I put it on today I thought "I guess I need to take another belly shot" :)

4 comments:

  1. You've got a cute pregnant belly. I'm sorry baby boy is giving you a tougher time than Baby Ellie did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cute pregnant lady! Those darn glucose tests! Those boys ARE movers. Eli was ALL over the place and he LOVED to stretch. I was always pushing on one side or another trying to get him to relax so I didn't feel like he was going to tear my belly open ;) It IS really fun(ny) to see your belly go crazy though. Good luck these last 7 weeks! Loved the pics and can't wait to meet this new little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you are that close to the end :) I heard you were pregnant at the Christmas party, but didn't see you. I love your cute pregnant belly even though you probably hate it right now. Oh yeah and super scary story about losing Ellie. I am so glad nothing happened to her. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! I never would have thought that about the kiwi shirt- you're funny! I'm so glad you got a chance to update! I'm impressed that you put on such little weight when pregnant, and that you got down to your pre-prego weight from the first time around. You rock! I wish I had your stamina to run marathons. I'm a wimp! Getting excited to see this little one soon!

    ReplyDelete