Wednesday, January 5, 2011

November in Review

I honestly don't remember much about the last two months of the year, but at least I had pictures from the month of December. So, for journaling purposes I thought I would tell a little of what I can remember from the things written on my calendar from November- with no pictures sorry.

The first week of November, Ellie had her first sleep over at Grandma & Grandpa Sorenson's house. She slept at Weston's family's house for our anniversary this year. My mom came to get her after school because I had parent teacher conferences and I didn't see her until the following evening after parent conferences were over. It was really weird in the morning to not have her running around the house. I was completely alone in my house for the first time since she was born. While with my mom, they watched movies, made Mickey Mouse shaped sugar cookies, and tore apart Grandma's house. She cried for about half of the trip home when we had to leave.

The next week, I was in charge of the Relief Society activity for the month. This is because it was the Visiting Teaching Conference and I am the Visiting Teaching Coordinator. The RS president and I decided it was best not to tell anyone it was about visiting teaching or we would only have ten women show up. Our theme was "Finding Your Happily Ever After" and we had a princess/fairy tale theme. I found this really cute play on-line called "The Sisters Grimm." We had the sisters in our ward act out the parts and it was really comical. It turned out really great and the play was a bit hit.
That same week, I was called as the primary pianist- my dream calling. It was only one week before the primary program, but it turned out perfect. The kids did a great job singing especially.

Of course we had Thanksgiving when everyone else did. We spent this year with the Grandma & Grandpa Sorenson but it was just us and them. We still made the same amount of food so needless to say we ate it several times that week for leftovers.

The next day, Ellie had her 2 year well check-up with Dr. Harris. I realize she was two and a half, but he said to wait until flu season so she could get her flu shot at the same time. Anyway her stats were as follows:
Length/Height- 36 inches/ 3 feet (57% for her age-2 1/2)
Head Circumference- 19 inches (59%)
Weight-27 pounds (37%)
Everyone that meets Ellie says she is SOOOO tall. I think so too, but we also think she may look more dramatically tall because she is so stinkin' skinny. She loves to sing songs like "No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed", "I am a Child of God", "10 Little Indians", "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam", "Once There Was a Snowman", "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes", "Hello-Goodbye" by the Beatles, and I know there are more I can't think of right now. Sometimes Weston and I will be talking in the front of the car and she'll start up a song in the back because she's bored. She can count to twelve and tries to count to fifteen. She can recognize her numbers to ten most of the time. She knows all of her colors and tries to sing the ABCs. She loves finding the letters: H, M, O, A, and she can recognize probably half of the alphabet when asked to find them. She is always on the go and slowly getting better about cleaning up after herself.

We helped Grandma Reynolds decorate for Christmas and put up our own Christmas tree and outside lights the Saturday following Thanksgiving. From then on, it was chaos. December was the busiest I think we have ever been.

No comments:

Post a Comment