Friday, January 7, 2011

Mommy, Daddy, Sister, BROTHER

Yeah, I know that I've waited forever to blog about this, but we waited until 13 weeks to tell anyone and then the Christmas craziness came. So, most of you might already know, but we are expecting Ellie's sibling to arrive around May 17th. Right now that makes me 21 weeks or in my fifth month.
Things have been pretty smooth, but I noticed early on that this pregnancy was a little bit different than the first. With Ellie, I never laid down on the couch and felt like if I got up I might die. It seems dramatic, but really I felt horrible. With Ellie, I felt tired and nauseous all day, but this one hit me hard for a few days and then not much since. I still felt nauseous many days all day and gagged an awful lot, but I never have thrown up very much (maybe once or twice). Two days before Halloween I started having awful sharp stabbing pains along the bottom of my stomach when I was doing anything but sitting and after a few weeks of it, my doctor and I figured it must just be "growing pains". In the beginning I was doubled over when they hit, but they gradually got to be less and less painful. I also got a horrible head-to-toe rash that scared me quite a bit. We still have no idea what it was, but I could only take Claritin to clear it up. My face is very dry and itchy and my forehead and hair part are constantly peeling and flaking.
Anyway, sorry for the information overload, but what I was getting at was that I felt like maybe we were having a boy because I feel so different this time.
Well, we decided after long and hard thought that we needed to find out the gender of our little one when it was time. Financially (and other reasons) it made the most sense because we could be prepared with clothes (if a boy) bought on clearance sales instead of having to buy them during the seasons we need them. If the baby is a girl, the seasons for clothing would be perfect because Ellie was born May 29th.We had already had one ultrasound at 11 weeks because my doctor thought I was measuring big for my dates. Weston couldn't come so Ellie and I got to see the baby for the first time. So fun! She is super excited and whenever you ask her if the baby is a boy or girl, she says boy. We weren't sure if she was right or not, but I felt the same way.
December 28th, we headed to our routine-20 week ultrasound.
Sure enough, the ultrasound tech noticed his "boy parts" and we were told "It's a boy!"
Ellie and I were right (Weston never really guessed) and we are all so excited!
I would've also loved a sister for Ellie and it would've been perfect to use all those girly clothes again we have in the basement, but I'm so excited we're having a little guy. I wasn't allowed to know much else from the ultrasound like how big he is and if everything is the right size until I talk to my doctor. The tech did say he has chubby little cheeks already. I did notice that Ellie's face in her pics was a lot thinner. :)
I apologize to anyone who may be upset they didn't personally get the word or got it super late, but I'll blog later about what December was like and I'm sure you'll understand. Thank goodness for being off track after Christmas or I would never catch our blog up.

9 comments:

  1. I'm so excited you're having another baby! I have to admit...I'm a little jealous...I absolutely LOVED being pregnant, and I have to keep reminding myself that I want my kids TWO years apart...not any less. But anyway, I'm so happy you're having a boy. Ellie is going to be such a good big sister! And you're an awesome mommy...so you need to have lots of babies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Missy!! I was reading your other posts wondering when you were thinking about trying again hehe :). SO exciting. I love having a boy, he is just so fun! I'm sure you will love having a boy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah! I'm so excited for you! I was SUPER sick with Eli so I'm glad that you aren't so bad. Thanks for the post. Good luck with the little man. Boys are so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you! Boys are so much fun. I can't wait to see your little guy!!! Congratulations!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for a Brother!!! That is so awesome. I think it is great to have at least one of each. They are so different in fun ways. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so exciting!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys! Boys are fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! That is so fun. we are happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! So excited for you! :)

    ReplyDelete