Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Fourth of July on the Third of July

(I was still in "probation" at work on Saturday, July 3rd, the day we celebrated the 4th,
so I will try to tell about the night the best I can.)

We decided to eat an early dinner because I had to leave for work at 5:10. Weston barbecued his delicious Kraft Foods steak with a spicy rub and baja citrus marinated shrimp. We also had corn on the cob and some other usual barbecue items.

While we were waiting for the food to cook, Eliza and Ellie blew bubbles in the backyard. Windu loved chasing them and would jump as high as he could to get them. The girls also ran through the sprinkler after dinner was over, but we didn't get any pictures of that.

Ellie got to hold Eliza's baby sister. She is in love with babies and always wants to hold every one that she sees, even if the baby is bigger than she is!

After dinner, I left for work. I tried to call in before hand and get out of work, but they were only offering that to eight people and I was the ninth to call! Frustrating! Then I tried to "early out" so that I could see the fireworks, but no luck.


Weston, our parents, and Ellie watched Sherlock Holmes while they were waiting for it to get dark. Ellie ate lots of popcorn! Magna was having their 100th celebration of
the 4th. Their fireworks looked like they were pretty decent (from pictures Weston took). They have always been pretty good in past years as well. Ellie had a lot of fun spending time with both sets of her grandparents and I'm sure Weston was glad he wasn't alone for the festivities.

Happy Birthday America!

No comments:

Post a Comment