Friday, January 30, 2009

Eight Month Old Sickie




Ellie woke up this morning with the most disgusting green boogers running from her nose. She was so yucky! There is nothing I hate worse than seeing a kid with boogers everywhere. I always think those kids aren't well kept and this time it was my kid. I decided not to post a picture of what she looked like. You're welcome.
Well, I think this is Ellie's first official time of being sick. Her nose was running like crazy and was so full that even after wiping it one hundred times, she still couldn't eat well because she couldn't breathe. I wish babies knew how to blow into the tissue. It was my first friday back on-track and I had to work the full day. The new babysitter said she was more fussy than the other days. She's been really clingy to me and doesn't really want her daddy to hold her if I'm around. When she cries it sounds like she's losing (spelled it right-you're welcome Todd) her voice.

Ellie hasn't done many new things since our "7 month" post. She is 27 and a half inches long and weighs 16 and a half pounds. Whenever I try to get her to say "Da Da" or "Daddy" she says "Buh". Last night, I was trying to get her to say "Da da" and Weston would try to get her to say "Ma Ma". The end result was that I would say "Da da da" and Ellie would say "Ma ma ma". I think she's a little confused about the concept of repeating. She did that about 20 times and laughed after a few of them. What a clever little stinker.


1 comment:

  1. Poor thing! I hope she gets feeling better. She is so adorable and I am so happy that we were able to see you guys! Even though it was just for a minute... and we didn't really get to talk =( I miss you!

    I totally agree about the booger children. And thanks for the no-picture =)

    ReplyDelete