Thursday, January 1, 2009

        Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


What a busy time of year! I really need to be better about blogging. Maybe I'll make that a resolution for this new year.
I have officially been off track since the 22nd of December. It seems like that week was crazy as all get out. I taught a half day that Monday and then rushed to Inkley's in West Valley to have Reynolds family pictures. It was pajama day and the day to move all my furniture out of the room at school so I was a mess. The pictures look really nice though.
Tuesday I spent a lot of the day wrapping presents when Ellie wasn't climbing all over them. On Christmas Eve during the day I tried wrapping more presents while Weston was at work half of the day. Ellie had the fussiest day I can remember since she was about two months old. I haven't wanted to give her back for a long time and she certainly tested my patience that day. We went to Weston's parents' house to open the Christmas Eve pajama gift. Mary Kaye had made green pajama pants for everyone and the girls (Brooke and I) got light blue snowflake shirts also. She had made Ellie a onesie out of one of the shirts. We then headed to my parents' house for Christmas Eve. Dad wasn't home from work for awhile. My brother couldn't stay very long because he had to be at his girlfriend's house for dinner, but we had the whole family there for about 20 minutes. We ate pizza and opened up the gifts to each other because we wouldn't see them on Christmas. We talked and laughed the rest of the evening until my mom started falling asleep. She had worked all day long and couldn't keep her eyes open any longer. Normally, we would spend the night at the family's house that we spend Christmas morning with. We decided with the doggie and the baby this year, we should just sleep at home.
So, Christmas morning there was no sleeping in. We opened presents and ate Christmas Crown at Weston's family's house. Then we got ready to go to Grandma Jones' house for breakfast and $2 gifts. Back at the Reynolds' house, we played World Tour and Apples to Apples. We ate Christmas dinner and waited for the snow to stop so we could drive home. It never did, but we made it home at about midnight after driving on unplowed side streets the whole way. The day after Christmas we went to Grandma Reynolds' house to have pizza with all of the aunts, uncles, and cousins. Lisa, Mike, Jaime, and Hunter left early, but everyone was there! Weston's aunts found a whole bunch of quilts and quilt squares in his great aunt's apartment that his great grandma made. After spending many long hours repairing, sewing, cleaning, and who knows what else, they presented each of the grandkids with a beautiful quilt. They even had enough to give the great-grandkids (Ellie included) a quilt. It was so neat and now Ellie has something her great-great grandmother made.
Saturday I spent most of the day getting the new primary manuals ready for next year. Monday we went to lunch with Todd and Brooke and the rest of Weston's family minus Cameron. They flew home later that night. It was really fun to have them here and spend time with them. We spent New Year's Eve at Weston's parents house and ate Pagoda chinese food and watched Iron Man. Ellie almost made it to ring in the new year, but she fell asleep in my lap at 10:45. Wow, I tried to be brief. Happy New Year!

4 comments:

  1. Very cute pictures =) It sounds like you guys had a really fun holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Missy. Could you email me those pictures please? I loved the Guitar Hero pose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Isn't Christmas with kids great!!! I think that Mom and Dad were more excited for Christmas morning than the kids were at my house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures! Looks like you had a fabulous Christmas! Can't wait to see you when you come back on track. It always seems like forever.

    ReplyDelete