Saturday, January 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom and Windu!

Well, It's been quite a week. I went to the Bountiful Temple on Tuesday with Ashley and then to lunch at Macaroni Grill. It was so much fun and I ate way to much. She took me to see all the cute stuff at this place called The Wood Connection. There were a whole bunch of those cute wooden signs with sayings on them and very cute wood letters. I recommend it to anyone who is crafty.

On Wednesday, Weston and I took my mom out to dinner for her birthday. We assumed that my dad wouldn't be home because he's been working in Wyoming for three weeks at a time. He pretty much only gets to see my mom one week out of each month. When we went to meet my mom and brother at my parents' house, my dad was there! He had quit and surprised my mom on her birthday. He even brought her roses. What a romantic. We ate at Applebee's and fought over who would pay the bill. That's my family.


On Thursday, it was Windu's first birthday! I can't believe he's already SEVEN! He sure doesn't act like it. When Weston got home, we took him to Petsmart to pick out a new toy. We got him a new bone, a treat ball, and Jessica the trainer gave him a tennis ball. She calls him her class clown. We also bought him a special dog treat. It was like a candy bar cookie for dogs. We spoil him rotten I guess. We can't wait for him to mellow out. Supposedly that will take another six months to a year!

On Friday, I had to go back to school to set up my classroom. I had been off-track since December 21st so my body is still in "rest mode." I wore myself out yesterday and had swollen feet, sore shins, and a pounding headache. I got a lot done and for the first time ever I am completely prepared for Tuesday when the students come back. When you track on at a year-round school you have to move your furniture (bookcases, teacher desk, tote tray holder, computer carts, etc.) out of the closet it has been sitting in while you were off. You arrange it all the way it was, take everything out of cupboards to put up around the room, hang everything back up on the walls, and so forth. It's pretty much a blank classroom when you get it. Meanwhile, the other teacher that is in the room still has students there on the "track on/off day" and is trying to teach and get her stuff out that day too. It's quite a mess, but everything I need is ready except my mind. Thankfully I have a long weekend to get that part prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment