Monday, February 21, 2011

Just Call Me Betty



Now, before you read this, you should know that I love to cook and bake. The only thing is I never have time to actually do it. Today being a holiday, I thought I would try something I've never done before.

I have never made homemade cinnamon rolls before. Pillsbury is a frequent thing at our house, but we've never had the real thing. My awesome mom got me the Betty Crocker cookbook that's the same as hers (from the seventies or something) for Christmas. I wanted it because all the things she has made would be the same recipes. Anyway, I'd been craving cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing for a couple of months now so I gave it a try today. They definitely weren't ready to eat for breakfast- I don't wake up that early for anything. I certainly didn't know that making cinnamon rolls from scratch required 3+ hours.

Anyway, I just pulled them out of the oven and Ellie has already devoured one and is asking for another. She came and gave me a high five even! Weston said they taste like the Pillsbury ones. :) I know I'm an ok cook, but I was excited everything turned out just right!

7 comments:

  1. Those look so yummy! I am right there with you, love to bake, rarely have time. (or an oven at the moment!). Looks like you did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum yum yum! You can certainly save me one of those...I wouldn't complain one bit :). They look SOOOOOO delicious. I'm really impressed with you! I've always wanted to make homemade cinnamon rolls...maybe you'll be my inspiration and I'll finally do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's awesome that Ellie gave you a high five for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE homemade cinnamon rolls. I've been dying to get Aaron's Grandma's recipe since she ran a bakery, but I love my mom's too. Eli ate FOUR on Christmas morning when we were there. My Mom said she'd have to make them every time we come to Utah. I'm glad yours turned out so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job! That's the one reason I don't like to work with bread much... I hate waiting for dough to rise! Good for you! So... I am noticing how close you are to having your baby, and there's been like NO updates lately on your pregnancy. I don't think I even know what GENDER you are having. So.... just sayin' I can't wait to hear more from you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. woops... I did know it was a boy. And your blog post far below just reminded me. I'm dumb. OK- but I still wish you would update. :-)

    ReplyDelete