Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Best Burger Update

I am sure that nobody cares about what burger I like the best, but you are going to get it anyway. Last week, we went to Las Vegas with my little brother's high school baseball team for a spring break tournament. It used to be that the closest In-N-Out was in Las Vegas and any time that we were down there we would stop by for what was my favorite hamburger. This trip was no different, except they are not my favorite any more. In fact, they have become number three. While eating there I realized that their food tastes the same as Chadder's (which was sued by In-N-Out) except for one small difference. Here is where I rip on their fries. Both places' french fries give me the impression of eating deep fried packing peanuts. Chadder's has taken second place away from In-N-Out in my book because of this one small thing. Maybe it is because I am from Utah, but Chadder's has fry sauce and it is good. However, Five Guys Burgers and Fries is still the reigning Champ. I don't know how their quarter pound patties* are sooooo much bigger than In-N-Out and Chadder's. It must be less fatty than the other guys. Five Guys Burger and Fries is still #1.

* Pre-cooked weight

3 comments:

  1. We just got a new Five Guys here in Provo, I'll have to try it out!

    Sorry, I randomly stumbled across your blog and had to stop when I saw the Transformer vs the flower. Cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weston,

    Thanks for the kind words about Chadders and we're happy to here you enjoy the Chadders food! Hopefully one day we'll become the #1 burger in your book ;)

    We're opening a new store in Provo, UT so if that's closer for you we hope to see you there!

    Thanks again for the support and mentioning Chadders on your awesome blog!

    All the Best,
    Chadders

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weston,

    Thanks for naming us your #1 burger! We're so proud of that distinction, and we're happy to have your endorsement. It may not matter to all of your readers, but it matters to us at Five Guys.

    We're undertaking an aggressive expansion and will be opening soon in Magna, Taylorsville, West Valley City, Draper, South Salt Lake, Rose Park, South Ogden, Beaver, Cedar City, Logan, Brigham City, Plain City, Tremonton, South Jordan, Heber City, Midway, Wendover, Bluffdale, Riverton, West Jordan, and two stores on campus at the University of Utah. So start looking for your favorite burger, well, just about every where.

    Thanks again for the plug and keep up the sweet blog! And remember, being better than In-n-Out mean they can't sue us.

    Stop in to the new Taylorsville location for a free burger. Just tell them Todd sent you!

    Sincerely,
    Guy #2

    ReplyDelete