Thursday, June 5, 2008

My Favorite Things

During this last week, there have been a few things that I need to mention that I absolutely love and couldn't live without.

1. Gilmore Girls- During the first part of labor, I watched episodes from season 7 to keep me occupied.
2. Christi- She was my nurse during labor & delivery and she watched out for me well. We went to Junior High and High School together (she was one year older than me) and she was so attentive to my needs. I am also very grateful for Paula, my midwife. After all she was the one who actually got Ellie out of me.
3. EPIDURALS- I wasn't sure if I would want one because I've never been in any real pain in my whole life. Three words: Just do it. It didn't hurt or scare me at all and I get queasy about needles. Just don't focus on what they are doing. I felt so great after they pumped those drugs into me! I wasn't even really aware that I was having contractions.
4. The nursery- They were able to take Ellie when both Weston and I thought we might die from exhaustion.
5. Real food- Since I've never been admitted to the hospital before, I never realized how bad the food really is. It wasn't as bad as school lunch was as a kid, but. . .
6. Visitors- It was so fun to have people visit the baby and give us something to do besides watch TV. We have had quite a few visitors and we are grateful to everyone who has brought dinners, gifts, and especially company.
7. Lanolin- If you don't know what it's for I'll spare you the details.
8. Lots of diapers- Ellie went through three diapers in 10 minutes yesterday. As soon as I was done changing her, she would mess another one.
9. Weston- He has done so much to help me take care of Ellie. He is the best support and help that I could ask for. Our third anniversary was yesterday and I'm so thankful that he chose me to be sealed to for eternity. I love him with all my heart. Thank you sweetie.
10. Ellie- We are so blessed to have such a perfect and beautiful little girl. She is so precious and we can't believe how much of a miracle she is. All of the recovery and readjusting is very much worth it when I look at her cute smiling face.



2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you posted that! Great fun to read, and I love the pics!!! Your baby is so cute, and I actually think she looks a bit like you! Congrats!!! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful, I can't wait to see her in real life. I asked your dad, the other night, if she was cute. He said of course she's cute, with a grin on his face. Glad everything went well!

    ReplyDelete