Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It should be illegal!

Still no baby!  I know my due date isn't until Friday, but I'm growing impatient.  When I was first checked, I mentioned that people can be dilated at one cm for many weeks and it could mean nothing.  I sincerely felt that the baby could still be "late" and I wouldn't mind.  When I was checked again, she said I was at two and 70% effaced.  Then it was two and 80% effaced.  By this time I was thinking "Maybe it will come early since my body seems to be getting ready so soon."  I have another appointment tomorrow and will be checked yet again.  I think it should be illegal for the doctor/midwife to tell you how "ripe" you are.  Yes, they should check that sort of thing, but just record it in the chart.  It has been over a month since my body started preparing for this little baby to come out and still nothing.  I guess I just got my hopes up.  We'll let you know when the baby is really here.  

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you! I kept thinking I would go early because I started dilating 3 weeks before I was due. (That and my mother's constant reminders that she had all her babies early so she thought I should too...) They kept telling me "Any day now" and I was still a week late and had to be induced. (I promise I am not trying to discourage you... I just know how it feels) Good luck with everything. I wish I could be there and I can't wait to see pictures =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck! your first one can take a while!

    ReplyDelete