Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I don't recommend BK's Indy Burger

You probably thought that the next post would be for the baby. WRONG! No baby yet.

Those who really know me, know that I love hamburgers. When I was growing up I could easily down three for dinner. Lately it seems that Burger King has had some good "Specials." From the Simpson's Whopper, to the Steakhouse Whopper, and one of my favorites the BBQ Bacon Tendercrips Sandwich (it's a chicken sandwich I know). On Friday I didn't feel like packing a lunch and we decided to grab something from BK, because I had a meeting in 45 minutes. I saw the ads for the Indy Burger (Indiana Jones) with it's Pepper Jack Cheese and bacon as we pulled up the drive up window and I decided that I would try it. BIG MISTAKE! My stomache hurt all day! I didn't really pay much attention to it though. I went home to work on my sprinklers. Missy and I went for parts and to pick something up for dinner. I still had that dull pain in my stomache lurking in the background. It took away my appetite and I ended up laying on the couch after I finished fixing the sprinklers. I drank some Pepto and went to bed knowing that I might be waking up in the middle of the night. Sure enough. At 3:30 AM I woke up and almost didn't get to the toliet fast enough. I wasn't very impressed the first time that I tasted the Indy Burger and was less impressed the second time. I guess I threw up pretty hard, my stomache is still sore and I haven't been the same since. I barely ate half of my lunch on Monday and struggled to eat all of my Dinner. Needless to say. I won't be eating at BK any time soon.

The Curprit

4 comments:

  1. Wow... sounds like you had a great time =)
    Burger King isn't my favorite anyway (I also appreciate a good cheeseburger) but I will definitely stay away from that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had an indy burger tonight. I had to search google for a support group. :P

    I too love burgers. My indy burger was messy. My guess it it had something on it, it was not sposta.

    It was runny. It's sause was bitter like vinager.

    Is this normal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So the burger story just made me grimace and not, because lately I've had some negative experiences there too. In fact, I decided to ditch the place all together, when I walked in and saw a co-worker out in front with the customers mocking a female workier and everything she did. I couldn't believe she just took the abuse, and I made some complaints about the situation. The whole thing was extremely unprofessional. But then, it's Burger King.... Hope your stomache feels better now. Speaking of which... I keep checking this blog like CRAZY to see when this adorable baby will arrive. Hope the situation is going all right! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had about 3 of these so far and I think they are pretty tasty. Of course they look nothing like the picture though. I would guess you are pretty weak to have it mess you up like that... or there was something wrong with that one you ate. I used to eat dbl quarter pounders at Mcdonalds all the time until one made me sick. I haven't had one since, and it has been a few years.

    ReplyDelete