Monday, April 12, 2010

My Dear Grandma Zaugg


Yesterday, Grandma Zaugg left our world of pain and illness to see our Heavenly Father again. I am so grateful for the knowledge of the plan of salvation and to know that she is not suffering anymore. I love her dearly and will remember what a fun grandma she has always been.

I still remember her coming for LDS General Conference every six months. We would watch out the window until their car pulled up. As soon as it did, we ran out to meet them. Being small children, one of the first things we wanted was the Berenstein Bears book they would bring. Then we would usually ask for gum. Grandma always had gum and it was usually a good kind like Trident.

Grandma is one of the best mothers I know. She knew how to do everything! She cooked delicious food, sewed beautiful things, crafted like crazy, kept a beautifully clean house, and loves her children dearly. I love to hear about their time serving two missions and serving in the temple. She was a beautiful bride and an even more beautiful grandmother.

Grandma Zaugg is a fun grandma. She loved to do things with her grandchildren and was always interested to know how we were doing. Even if they weren't her grandchildren, Grandma loved all children. I still remember hearing about the neighbor boys that would come over every day to get an ice cream bar from grandma.

I am so grateful we were able to visit my grandma and grandpa this year for Christmas. For months before Christmas, she could talk of nothing else. Our whole extended family was there. Even though Parkinson's had changed Grandma a bit, I still loved spending time with her. I can't wait to spend time with her again.

I have a testimony of Jesus Christ. I know that he died for us and was resurrected. He lives and I know my grandma will live again. Until we meet again, bye Grandma. I love you.

2 comments:

  1. Missy I'm so sorry! Thankfully you know she is in a better place and you will see her again! Let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet "memory" post and testimony. Hugs to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete