Monday, May 11, 2009

Interruption

We interrupt the regularly scheduled blog and bring you this explanation/cause of the recent lack of posts. April 25th we were at my parents house celebrating my brother's birthday. We had dinner, dessert, and opened presents. Ellie was getting tired so we started packing up our things and loading up the trailblazer. On our way home everything was normal. We pulled into the garage and Missy grabbed the diaper bag and headed into the house as I took Ellie out of the car. Then Missy screamed something like, "We have been robbed!" No, she was not kidding. When I walked in, I saw the less valuable content of our entertainment center on the floor. They even pulled out the spoon we use to keep Ellie out of the cabinets below the TV. Apparently they didn't like anything there. They left the TV, DVD player, VCR (I know, I know, what is that?), PS2, Stereo, DVDs, PS2 games, dance mats, buzzers, and anything else that we usually keep there. From that room they did take Missy's laptop from school that has all of our pictures on it and her iPod. Next I looked in our bedroom. They must not have found what they were looking for, or they thought that we must hide the really valuable stuff. They emptied out our dresser drawers. Threw the bedding off of the bed. Lifted the mattress, stole a pillow case and also took both of our cameras and the case we kept them in, my PSP with 5 or 6 games, my power adapter for my laptop (which was in the front room feet from Missy's, but it was in it's case), Missy's $300 breast pump and her scriptures from when she was baptized. I think that is everything that they took. They got in through the back door, which they broke. Yes, the door was dead-bolted. You might be wondering where Windu was while this was happening. Locked in his kennel in the backyard. The tore our baby gate down, I guess they weren't smart enough to figure out how to just open the door on the thing. They tracked mud down our stairs. I guess that they thought they would go after the really valuable stuff downstairs. I bet they were surprised when they found an unfinished basement! They left out the front door, by simply unlocking it. The neighbors told the officer that Windu was barking a lot around 8 pm, but because he always barks they didn't think anything of it. In Windu's defense, he only barks when someone is out front. It just so happens that there is almost always some neighborhood kids in the street out in front of our house.

So we spent our Sabbath ripping out our old door and putting in a new one. Now Windu has free reign of our backyard, so watch out. That is the reason for not posting in a while and hopefully we will be returning to our regularly scheduled blogs even if Easter was a month ago.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so so sorry about that! How scary!! I hope that you are doing okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. How scary. Why would they steal scriptures, that is just strange. Oh to think about all the pictures that got stolen that must make you sick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer deal, that is soooo sad! Especially with your lap top and all your school stuff. How ironic they even took your scriptures!!!

    The pics you posted are darling, I really like the area you took them in. Where IS that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. this is Rachel, under Jason's name for some reason, if you're wondering who that Jason is that just posted! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the break in. Jim and Kathy got their car broken into recently too. People are getting desperate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry you guys! That really sucks!

    ReplyDelete