Thursday, April 15, 2010

The long awaited: ARIZONA

I have had many requests to post about Arizona. Sorry it took so long. We got back a day and a half before Easter Sunday, but life has been crazy ever since. I have found myself saying "I wish we were still in Arizona" several times in the past week and a half. We are readjusting to normal life, but it sure was nice to have that wonderfully warm vacation.
Ellie is holding her Great-Grandma Reynolds' cane and wearing her hat.
We arrived in Arizona on a Sunday evening. Sorting out the rental car mess, finding our hotel, and eating dinner were about the only things we did that night.

The only other "for sure" thing I wanted to do while we were there was to go to the zoo. I've only ever been to Hogle Zoo so I thought it would be fun to see another zoo. Ellie also loves animals and their noises so it was the perfect place to spend many hours tiring her out. The brochure we had said to plan at least two hours. They really mean "at least" because that zoo is HUGE! We were there for probably three to four hours and still didn't see it all.
One of the coolest things Ellie did was pet the goats in their petting zoo.
I also got to pet a cow and it licked my hand like a salt lick. It felt like coarse sandpaper.
During our stay, we attended four of Marc's (Taylorsville's) baseball games. We went to Old Town Scottsdale, a MLB Spring Training game, the Easter pageant on the Mesa Temple grounds, and the movie theater to see "How to Train Your Dragon". Todd and Brooke paid for Weston and I to eat dinner at Fox Sports Grill for our birthdays. Then they took us out to ice cream at "Cherry on Top". That was the most awesome frozen yogurt shop I've ever been to and I think it would be fun to open one in Salt Lake. We ended up returning almost every night of the trip to taste a new flavor and topping combination. Mmmm! We went swimming at the hotel a few times when it wasn't too windy. We also attended the team's barbeque where Ellie got to play on the playground.
Our last day in Scottsdale, we went shopping at the mall and spent most of our time in the Disney store. I really miss having one in Fashion Place Mall. We bought far too many things for Ellie in there and then rushed to the food court for lunch before we had to catch our flight.

Ellie with Uncle Todd at the Royals game
We had so much fun spending time with our whole family. Thanks to Mom and Dad Reynolds because it wouldn't have happened without them! We really appreciate all they did for us.

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys had so much fun! I kept thinking you went to Las Vegas in my head the entire time I read your post, and I just kept remembering that my sister said how crappy the zoo was in Las Vegas. But then I remembered you said Arizona, which I'm sure was a MUCH better zoo! Vegas sucks :). I need a vacation...too bad it's gonna be awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good times. I'm going through Cherry on Top withdrawals. See you in June.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow looks so fun! I need a vacation now! You got some really good pics of Ellie, you can tell she had a blast! Fun fun fun!

    ReplyDelete